For more than a century, Clubs have helped put young people on the path to great futures. Boys & Girls Clubs annually serve nearly 4 million young people, through membership and community outreach, in some 4,000 Club facilities throughout the country.
- Clubs are community-based and building-centered.
- Clubs provide a safe, affordable place for young people during non-school hours and during the summer.
- Clubs are led by paid, trained youth development professionals.
Boys & Girls Clubs provide young people with:
- A safe place to spend time during non-school hours and the summer as an alternative to the streets or being home alone.
- A chance to play, have fun, laugh and learn.
- Opportunities to build new skills that raise each child’s belief that he or she can succeed and receive recognition for personal accomplishments.
- Ongoing relationships with caring adults and connections to new friends in a positive environment, reinforcing a sense of belonging, personal accountability, civility and civic responsibility.
- Generation-changing programs that support a commitment to learning, positive values, healthy habits and high expectations for success as an adult.
BGCA MISSION: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.